baslinux - [BL] Missing /dev/hdg

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] Missing /dev/hdg
  • Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2008 18:48:15 +0100 (BST)

Hi,

Another little query. I have a CDROM drive that plugs into the
PCMCIA slot. I think Ive managed to work out which modules it
needs by cribbing from another machine. The drive lights up and
looks happy after the card manager finishes. However AFAICS
there isnt a mount point. I think it needs /dev/hdg and BL doesnt
have that. I have to confess, I dont understand the nature of the
files in /dev. I know they refer to devices but how they are
constructed, I havnt a clue. I see theres a "MAKEDEVS" in /dev,
which is a link to something in Busybox, but theres no "man makedevs"
and the --help doesnt give much away. Can I make the missing /dev/hdg
with this?

--
Bye now,
Ian.