baslinux - Re: [BL] Missing /dev/hdg

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Missing /dev/hdg
  • Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2008 18:38:17 +0000 (UTC)

I searched on 'mount pcmcia cdrom' and was advised to

cat /proc/partitions

This should give you a list of partitions.

pcmcia cdroms can be hda hdb hdc hdd sda - did you try all those?
To make more devices, use mknod.
mknod /dev/hde b 33 0
mknod /dev/hdf b 33 64
mknod /dev/hdg b 34 0
mknod /dev/hdh b 34 64

Do a web search on 'mknod /dev/hdX' for hdX.

My Toshiba 100MHz laptop has hda (hard disk) and hdc (cd-rom drive), one on each of two controllers. hda/hdb = first controller, hdc/hdd = second controller. Some laptops have scsi hard drives or cdrom drives (sda, sdb....). A pcmcia compact flash adaptor is /dev/hde1 on a laptop with onboard cdrom drive (third controller). I predict your pcmcia cdrom drive will be hdc (if it has only one ide controller) or hde. It might be sda.
Does cardmgr list any devices being found?

USB flash drives are usually found as /dev/sda1, sdb1, etc.
Zip drives are /dev/sda4 etc.
Sindi Keesan