baslinux - Re: [BL] Missing /dev/hdg

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Missing /dev/hdg
  • Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2008 00:46:48 +0100 (BST)

In message <20081008085812.313e0270.ln8d-on8g AT dea.spamcon.org>
> > I have a CDROM drive that plugs into the
> > PCMCIA slot. I think Ive managed to work
> > out which modules it needs by cribbing
> > from another machine.
>
> Huh? You got modules from a different machine?

No, unfortunate choice of words. I use the other machine
to look for clues. I dont copy things over. Learnt my
lesson the last time I was doing BL. Got into a complete
mess, moving things around.

> AFAIK BL3 already has all the modules it needs
> for a PCMCIA CDROM drive. You simply do:
> -----------------
> /etc/pcmcia/start
> -----------------
>
> > I think it needs /dev/hdg
>
> Does it say hdg on the screen after you do
> /etc/pcmcia/start ?

Not at first; but after I added the card to /etc/pcmcia/config
cardmgr loaded ide-cs. and hdg was among the messages.
The drive is "Argosy EIDE". Perhaps thats different from IDE.
No idea.

Working now, so, next problem :)

--
Bye now,