baslinux - Re: [BL] 2.2.27 kernel for BL

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] 2.2.27 kernel for BL
  • Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2008 07:48:00 +1300

Message from Steven
===================
Sindi wrote:

> Can someone explain how to change the kernel
> in FD BL3.50,
>
> I unzipped and mounted -o loop the two floppy
> disk BL3.50 files.
>
> disk1 - I cannot find the kernel in disk1.gz
> so as to replace it

It is a lot easier if you mount the first floppy
(which is created from disk1.tgz). It has an
ext2 filesystem.
-rwxr-xr-x 4536 May 31 2007 boot.b*
-rwxr-xr-x 922175 May 31 2007 disk1.gz*
-rw------- 6656 May 31 2007 map
-rwxr-xr-x 458327 May 31 2007 zimage*

> and I don't know how to set up lilo on this
> disk to boot nomce.

If you change the kernel on the floppy, you will
need to re-execute lilo for the floppy. Here is
the lilo.conf I use for preparing the floppy:
--------------------
boot=/dev/fd0
install=/fd/boot.b
map=/fd/map