baslinux - Re: [BL] pkg links2.tgz complains about internet.sh

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] pkg links2.tgz complains about internet.sh
  • Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 00:22:55 +0100

baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org skrev:
Message from Steven
===================
Mikael Bonnier wrote:
I tried to install links2 but I get these error messages when I run "pkg link2.tgz"
cat: /usr/share/swm/internet.sh: No such file or directory
mv: unable to rename `/tmp/temp': No such file or directory
chmod: /usr/share/swm/internet.sh: No such file or directory

Oops, those configs are for BasicLinux 3.4 (my mistake). Obviously, I need to update that package. Sorry.

Fortunately, those errors are not fatal (I think). LInks2 should still work fine.

I see you have updated it. It now installs fine.

It's also not possible to run. The cursor just goes to the top left corner of rxvt.

I think you will find that links2 (non-graphical) is running. Try pressing G or ESCAPE.

To get the graphical version of links2, execute this:
---------
links2 -g
---------

I didn't know about this option. The new one runs in graphical mode. The new one still behaves strangely when you start it whithout -g. It doesn't respond to keyspresses at all.

I have written a script that installs a lot of programs automatically which I uploaded using ftpput and download using wget after a new installation to a HD:

#!/bin/sh
dir='http://slackware.cs.utah.edu/pub/slackware/slackware-4.0/slakware/d1'
wget $dir/libc.tgz
pkg libc.tgz
wget $dir/perl.tgz
pkg perl.tgz
dir='http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/baslinux/add-ons'
wget $dir/sqlite.tgz
pkg sqlite.tgz
wget $dir/ssh.tgz
pkg ssh.tgz
wget $dir/links2.tgz
pkg links2.tgz
wget $dir/mc.tgz
pkg mc.tgz
wget $dir/sc.tgz
pkg sc.tgz
wget $dir/lincity.tgz
pkg lincity.tgz
wget $dir/matanza.tgz
pkg matanza.tgz
wget $dir/xdigger.tgz
pkg xdigger.tgz
wget $dir/xfreecell.tgz
pkg xfreecell.tgz
wget $dir/xrunner.tgz
pkg xrunner.tgz
wget $dir/sylpheed.tgz
pkg sylpheed.tgz
wget $dir/abiword.tgz
pkg abiword.tgz
wget $dir/smbclien.tgz
#smbclien.tgz
wget $dir/yabasic.tgz
pkg yabasic.tgz

There are som warnings when I run abiword.
The man-pages of perl doesn't work and perldoc doesn't format pages correctly, but I can use it with perldoc -t.

--
// Mikael Bonnier
----