baslinux - Re: [BL] pkg links2.tgz complains about internet.sh

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] pkg links2.tgz complains about internet.sh
  • Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 01:01:53 +0000 (UTC)

I installed x-libs.tgz and no-xvesa.tgz but I don't
know if these are required.

no-xvesa is only required if you decide not to use Xvesa
(the default Xserver).

x-libs.tgz contains a bunch of extra X libraries, some of which are needed to run Opera or other X programs. You can unpack the tgz and copy over only the ones you need (ldd program-name) and then run ldconfig manually if you are short on space. Opera also needs the glibc from Slackware 8.1 or 9.0. You can't use later Slackware glibc with the BL3 2.2.26 kernel.

no-xvesa is helpful if the default X server does not work with your system (you may also need to hit F5 while booting to DOS if you use loadlin), including video chips that only support 8-bit color, which Xvesa does not do correctly. It provides up to 800x600 resolution. I posted an XF86Config for 10240 and 1280 (a few modelines added to Steven's). His package works like a charm.

This is all in the BL archives, accessed via a link on the homepage.