baslinux - Re: [BL] BASIC interpreter for BL3

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BASIC interpreter for BL3
  • Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2006 18:49:33 +1200

> I have just compiled yabasic and have uploaded it to
> the BL3 add-ons. Install it with pkg. It works fine
> on the bare BL3 (no additional libraries required).

I have been playing with yabasic. It worked fine
from the command line, but unfortunately when I
tried to do graphics (on Xvesa) it failed with
this error: Could not get any TrueColor visual

I noticed in the yabasic documentation that a major
"improvement" was made to the graphics in version
2.760. So I hunted around for an earlier version
(pre-improvement) and found 2.744. I compiled it
and (happy happy) it works with Xvesa.

I have now replaced the yabasic.tgz package at
both BL3 sites. If you have already downloaded
the earlier version, you can keep using it for
non-graphical programs. However, if you want
to use the graphical commands in yabasic, I
recommend you download the new package.

If you are not sure which version you have,
the following will tell you:
yabasic -help
The good version is 2.744.