baslinux - Re: [BL] Abiword in Bl2 was Re: dosemu? wp51?

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Abiword in Bl2 was Re: dosemu? wp51?
  • Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 14:07:21 +0000 (UTC)

I added xset (from xbin.tgz) to BL2 and all the dependencies are present.
(In BL3 I do not have dependency libX11.so.6 but Abiword works anyway).

I thought that BL3 came with libX11.so.6.

Going through old mails.

On a computer where I have BL3 and also glibc 2.2.5 (added later) ldd xset shows that it has both dependencies (libc.so.5 and libX11.so.6). On my other BL3 computers I am always told that it is missing libX11.so.6 - no idea why.

The Abiword problem is now under control without needing to use BL3 xset and fudge libX11.so.6 - xsvga also works better for other reasons (Tseng does not crash like in Xvesa).

And now I know to add rgb.txt with 'Black' from BL3 to BL2 to make rxvt work there under regular X servers.

xv from SW71 does not work on the BL3 computer with glibc2.2.5 added, it objects to the libX11.so.6 (from SW40) but the xv from SW4.0 works fine.

Opera won't install or even run (from its subdirectory) on this computer so I would probably need a newer libX11.so.6 and maybe others which I don't want to bother installing because everything else works and I don't want to break it.

We may get a chance to try connection to other people's networks on our trip since the pcmcia ethernet works. Maybe we should try practicing first connection to a Windows network.