baslinux - Re: [BL] LINKS with colors

  • From: Alejandro Lieber <dos AT lieber.com.ar>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] LINKS with colors
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 21:56:57 -0300

Thanks,

I will try it next weekend.

Alejandro Lieber

sindi keesan wrote:
On Sun, 10 Jul 2005, David Moberg wrote:

Alejandro Lieber wrote:

Until now, I have used Links in BL3 in a 486dlc with an Hercules
monocrome monitor.

I just begun using BL3 (no X) with a SVGA board and monitor.

How do I configure Links for different colors for background and
foreground ?

I assume that this is with the standard links which comes with BL3.
The background and foreground colors are mainly set by Linux, as
far as I know. To change the colors, you might see what the
'setterm' command does.

-foreground
-background

Choose from:

black|blue|green|cyan|red|magenta|yellow|white|default

setterm -f yellow

comes out very similar to the amber on my Hercules monitor
green is more legible.

setterm -blink on gives an interesting effect

setterm | less, after I scroll up and down (Shift-PgUp) returns foreground color to white, as does setterm -reset

You can also set tabs from 1 to 160.

The cursor remains the color of the previous foreground. Now I have amber text and a green cursor.

Fun, thanks.

For instance, black on (off-)white:

setterm -foreground black -background white

(You may need to use the 'clear' command afterward.)

David