baslinux - Re: [BL] Parallel Port Modem

  • From: James Miller <jamtat AT mailsnare.net>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Parallel Port Modem
  • Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 15:02:31 -0600 (CST)

On Sat, 26 Mar 2005, David Moberg wrote:

> From: Joel <AspenDr AT telus.net>
>
> > Perhaps this is out of context of 'BL' but would anyone know how to
> > convert
> > a standard DP 25 to DP 25 into a DP 25 to DP 10? I would just need some
> > sort
> > of connection schematic.
>
> Who needs schematics? Have a look at the pictures here:
> http://www.camiresearch.com/Data_Com_Basics/RS232_standard.html#anchor1155222
>
> They should tell you all that you need to know to build an adapter.

I got about a dozen DB 25 to DB 10 cables along with another item I bought
really cheap at an auction: they were tucked away somewhere and I didn't
even know they were there when I bought the thing. I'm not sure if these
are really null modem cables, though. Never tested them for that. If
anyone wants one, I'd be willing to send it for the cost of postage. But
again, I can't guarantee these are really null modem cables: they look
like it, but you would have to test for yourself to see if they will work
for that or not.

James