baslinux - Re: [BL] Re: Baslinux install on HD

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Re: Baslinux install on HD
  • Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2005 03:41:16 +0000 (UTC)

On Fri, 4 Feb 2005 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

sindi keesan wrote:

BL3 does not have bash,

True.

it has sh (ash?)

The busybox version of ash is very, very similar
to bash. For example, castlemaze (a complex script
written in bash) needed only minor changes to run
in BL3.

In BL2 I was able to type Moz* and get Mozilla

Assuming Mozilla is in the path.

but this does not seem to be possible in BL3.

Oh yes it is.
Yes it is.

ins <tab> gives insmod

It also lists install-to-hd.
Not on my old Bl3 without install-to-hd.

On there ins <tab> gives insmod.
i <tab> produces a beep.
A second <tab> produces a list of all executables starting in i.

BL3 sh (ash) does not give you a list after the beep
when you type i <tab>

Oh yes it does.

id install-to-hd ifconfig init insmod
On my computers it is i <tab><tab> that does that - beeps then lists the files in i.