baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3 and WP8

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3 and WP8
  • Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 07:58:54 +1300

sindi keesan wrote:

> That is absurdly large. I was running WP4.1 from a
> floppy disk, and 5.1 from two floppy disks

But those were CLI. WP8 is GUI.

> Since ext2 BL2 already has full versions of most of
> the busybox utilities, could one add the SW71 libc5
> package to it and then install WP8

With some trial and error, you can probably get it to
work. But you may have to install some more utility
packages from Slackware. And don't forget the libc5
versions of the X libraries.

> Or even make symlinks to libc6 from libc5 library names?

That won't work.

> I read that WP5.1 can be used in dosemu.

I believe that is so. With DOSemu you could probably
run just about any DOS CLI Wordprocessor.

> Dosemu can be used with X, don't know about Xvesa

Perhaps you would like to try that and report back
here? It could be useful for some people.

http://www.basiclinux.com.ru