baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3 and WP8

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3 and WP8
  • Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 19:23:09 +1300

James Miller wrote:

> I'm not sure I have the latest BL3 (3.21, I think),

You definitely should upgrade before trying WP8.
There were major changes in BL 3.3 to make it more
compatible with X applications. Since WP8 uses X,
it is more likely to work on 3.3 than on 3.2.

> Will a 300 MB partition suffice for such a test install?

Yes. WP8 is very big, but not that big. IIRC it takes
less than 100mb.

> I should first try installing it on the full Slack 4.0 test
> system I set up?

That's probably a good idea.

> Would that gain me anything in trying to install it
> under BL3?

It will be easier to install on a real Slackware. Once
you see how that goes, you will be in a better position
to identify where it goes wrong in BL3.

http://www.basiclinux.com.ru