baslinux - Re: [BL] MS-DOS 7.10 disappeared my C: files

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] MS-DOS 7.10 disappeared my C: files
  • Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 01:35:22 +0000 (UTC)

After changing my hard drive from DR-DOS system files to MS-DOS 7.10 system files, and having the files in C: disappear, I looked at a few of the text files with linux (which does find them). One was okay but the others were okay partway through and then garbage. I even had to type reset in linux after they messed up the screen.

We will experiment with formatting the C: partition with MS-DOS 7.10 and not letting DR-DOS near the computer and if that works, restore the missing files from another computer. Neither DR-DOS nor FreeDOS seem to mix well with MS-DOS. (On two Gateway computers a drive sysed first with another DOS and then with FreeDOS could not be read at all, and the emm386 we have does not seem to work with loadlin).

Has anyone else had problems switching between OSes on hard disk?