baslinux - Re: AW: AW: [BL] german keyboard

  • From: Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: AW: AW: [BL] german keyboard
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2004 10:49:59 -0400 (EDT)

installpkg kbd.tgz will produce one or more man pages for kdb which
probably explain how to set up the German keyboard, but BL2 is not set to
read man pages easily. There was a discussion a while back on using
man2html and lynx or links to read man pages and James put together a
script for this. Man2html is in some package. James, can you help here?
Perhaps someone can mail in man2html to the list. My linux computers are
not currently set up.

You can also read man pages with pico and ignore the .B etc. Or read them
online as html. Look for loadkey(s?). The format is something like
loadkeys ge put into one of the rc files (rc.M, rc.S?).