baslinux - Re: [BL] Re: Order

  • From: Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Re: Order
  • Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 11:49:56 -0400 (EDT)

This just came to the list with a 40K .pif attachment. I have been
receiving these things at this address (which I use mainly for baslinux
mail) for 2 or 3 weeks and suspected someone on the list has the netsky.b
(somefool) worm in their Windows computer but this confirms it since
whoever it is also has Steven's email address. Netsky fakes the sender's
address from one of the addresses found in the victim's computer.

Would any users of Windows mail programs on this list please check for the
netsky.b virus? You can read about it online and look for a particular
filename in your computer. DOS users can download f-prot antivirus
software and use it free.