baslinux - Re: [BL] Re: Order

  • From: "Sheldon Isaac" <sisaac AT netaxs.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Re: Order
  • Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 12:30:10 -0400

> This just came to the list with a 40K .pif attachment. I have been
> receiving these things at this address (which I use mainly for baslinux
> mail) for 2 or 3 weeks and suspected someone on the list has the netsky.b
> (somefool) worm in their Windows computer but this confirms it since
> whoever it is also has Steven's email address. Netsky fakes the sender's
> address from one of the addresses found in the victim's computer.
>
> Would any users of Windows mail programs on this list please check for the
> netsky.b virus? You can read about it online and look for a particular
> filename in your computer. DOS users can download f-prot antivirus
> software and use it free.

Sure, Sindi.

But I deleted it - wait, it is in my "deleted messages" filer - hold on
..

OK, I marked it unread, move it back to (a standalone file in) my inbox,
and

Search: D:\COMM\PMAIL\MAIL\SHELDON\3316A1BB.CNM
Action: Report only
Files: "Dumb" scan of all files
Switches: /ARCHIVE /PACKED /BEEP /NOBOOT /NOMEM
Memory was not scanned.
Hard disk boot sectors were not scanned.

D:\COMM\PMAIL\MAIL\SHELDON\3316A1BB.CNM->all_in_all_71cm-s9q8.pif
Infection: W32/Netsky.P@mm

Results of virus scanning:

Files: 1
MBRs: 0