baslinux - [BL] Samba

  • From: Matrix Mole <matrixm AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: BasLinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [BL] Samba
  • Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 01:09:01 +0000 (UTC)

Has anyone had any success using Samba to connect their BL systems into a
Windows network? If so, which Windows version was that working with? In my
current setup, I have a Win98se machine that I want to have connect to my
BL machine. I can get the samba server to operate properly on my BL box,
but I just can't connect to it from my Win98 machine. In fact, when I have
my win98 machine setup to connect to the BL box through the NTDomain as
set forth in the smb.conf files, it says that it can't find the domain.
Once that happens, I can't even send pings to my BL machine. Without
telling my win98 machine to log into the NT domain for use of samba, I can
use the two systems on the network with no problem. The networking itself
is installed, it's just getting the two machines to connect using samba
for file sharing that I'm having problems with.

Matrix Mole
matrixm AT sdf.lonestar.org

  • [BL] Samba, Matrix Mole, 03/29/2004