baslinux - [BL] BL3-BL1=?

  • From: cce.zizkov AT volny.cz
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] BL3-BL1=?
  • Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 12:22:07

Hi Steven,

I have tried to add bl1 and links brower to a CD-ROM with
HTML files. It was no problem to boot through loadlin.exe,
but I did not manage to edit /etc/inittab: I would need
an automatic login similar to BL3 and starting links without
confirmation. The inittab in BL3 has, however, a quite different
syntax than the old one from BL1.

How can I

- either adapt the old BL1 inittab in order to skip the login screen?
What should I enter instead of the agetty consoles?

- or get the BL3 inittab to work with BL1? Would it be possible
by just copying some binary files from BL3 to BL1 file system?

Sorry to bother you with BL1, but on a bootable CD the BL1 approach
seems to make more sense than BL3. So I wanted to try some kind of
compromise. Please, help me a bit to understand the syntax. Or tell
me where it is documented.

Christof

Ceskobratrska cirkev evangelicka - Betlemska kaple na Zizkove
Prokopova 4/216, 130 00 Praha 3, Czech Republic
Tel. (+420) 222 78 06 73 / 222 78 20 02 / 603 18 87 53
http://www.volny.cz/cce.zizkov