baslinux - Re: [BL] Compiling newer programs with older libraries

  • From: Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Compiling newer programs with older libraries
  • Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 18:16:54 -0500 (EST)

I was also able to compile the latest (2003) version of Kermit with BL1,
which is libc5. But kermit usually does everything perfectly.

To compile bmv bitmap viewer with the SW81 libraries I needed to use a
patch to the 1995 source code - apparently the libraries were too NEW for
the old source code, rather than vice versa.