baslinux - Re: [BL] pmail message size limit

  • From: Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] pmail message size limit
  • Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2004 23:42:06 -0500 (EST)

> > Can .pmailrc be set so that incoming mails go to a
> > hard drive directory,
>
> Not in .pmailrc. In the mail script itself. Just edit
> /usr/bin/mail to point eznet at your HD instead of ~/mail/inbox
>
> Alternatively, you could mount a HD or FD at ~/mail and it
> will automatically get everything sent to the ~/mail directory
> (inbox, outbox, whatever).
>
> > Can you write a script so that if that directory does not
> > exist, eznet.conf goes to floppy disk, along with incoming
> > mails?
>
> It would be possible to put such a conditional in a script,
> but what happens when no floppy is in the drive? Another
> conditional for the floppy? Seems unnecessarily complicated
> to me.

What happens if someone downloads more mail than will fit into RAM, and
does not know enough about linux to modify eznet.conf? I was thinking
there might be a way to foolproof BL3, but probably someone will still
manage to have problems with mail downloads. Someone once sent me a 3M
attachment (somehow a 1 page WORD file got larger than it should have
been) and that could even fill up a small hard drive.