baslinux - Re: [BL] pmail message size limit

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] pmail message size limit
  • Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 09:03:25 +1300 (NZDT)

Ian wrote:

> I've recently started using the ramdisk version of BL2 for quick
> web sessions
> However, pmail is refusing to download half my messages, because
> they are too big.

There is a default limit of 10kb on incoming mail messages.
You can change it in ~/.pmailrc
I chose 10kb because the ramdisk has only a few hundred kb
of free space. A big batch of emails will overflow it
(with unpleasant consequences).

BL3 will provide more room for incoming emails, so the default
limit has been removed. The version of pmail in BL3 is the same
as BL2, so you can use the same .pmailrc (including limits and
other anti-spam measures). Ditto for eznet.conf

The only significant change is the new mail reader/writer.
Several people complained about mailz being hard to understand,
so I've switched to GySMail, which is more intuitive (and smaller)
than mailz.

> I couldn't find any info on pmail

BL3 will include a manpage for pmail.