baslinux - Re: [BL] pmail message size limit

  • From: Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] pmail message size limit
  • Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2004 15:11:18 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

> Ian wrote:
> >
> > I've recently started using the ramdisk version of BL2 for quick
> > web sessions
> > However, pmail is refusing to download half my messages, because
> > they are too big.
>
> There is a default limit of 10kb on incoming mail messages.
> You can change it in ~/.pmailrc
> I chose 10kb because the ramdisk has only a few hundred kb
> of free space. A big batch of emails will overflow it
> (with unpleasant consequences).

Can .pmailrc be set so that incoming mails go to a hard drive directory,
for instance the same one that stores eznet.conf? Can you write a script
so that if that directory does not exist, eznet.conf goes to floppy disk,
along with incoming mails? That would also let people save the mails for
reading later, from DOS.

> The only significant change is the new mail reader/writer.
> Several people complained about mailz being hard to understand,
> so I've switched to GySMail, which is more intuitive (and smaller)
> than mailz.

Thanks.