baslinux - Re: [BL] SCSI emulation

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] SCSI emulation
  • Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2003 17:37:00 +1300

cce.zizkov AT volny.cz wrote:

> In a CD Write HOWTO I found a description for Redhat installation:

Have you looked at the CD-Writing HOWTO in Slackware 7.1?
Section 2.1 (Quickstart) will probably help.

> I have no idea what IDE and SCSI are

They are different hardware interfaces. If your CDrom drive
plugs into your IDE interface (like a standard HD), it becomes
/dev/hdb or /dev/hdc or similar. If your CDrom drive is
SCSI, then it plugs into a different type of interface and
becomes /dev/sda or /dev/sdb or similar.

> whether it will be inevitable to replace loadlin.exe with lilo.

LILO has nothing to do with this. Once the kernel starts booting,
it makes no difference how it was started.