baslinux - Re: [BL] Adsl

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Adsl
  • Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2003 18:14:09 +1300

Gui wrote:

> Is possible to connect to ADSL using BL 1.9?

Possible: yes. Simple: no.

> BL 1.9's kernel have Sis 900 onboard card?

Slackware 3.5 does not have the sis900 module (probably
because that card wasn't around when Slack35 was made).
It is, however, available in Slackware 7.1 The best way
to deal with this may be to replace the zimage kernel
(on your DOS partition) with the bare.i bzimage from
Slackware 7.1. You will need to edit boot.bat to change
zimage to bzimage.

When you change a kernel like this, all of your old modules
will fail (perhaps putting error messages on the screen).
You will then need to replace those modules with new ones
from Slackware 7.1 (put them in /lib/modules/2.2.16/misc).

> If is possible? where can I obtain pppoe or similar?

Slackware 7.1 has some isdn modules which may do what you
need. Apparently there is an ISDN HOWTO around (but I
couldn't find it in the Slackware 7.1 HOWTO collection).
You might get some useful answers if you google for:
isdn4linux