baslinux - [BL] SCSI emulation

  • From: cce.zizkov AT volny.cz
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] SCSI emulation
  • Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2003 03:56:45

Hi list,

is there anybody who can help with this one?

I have been trying to install software for a new IDE CD burner. It
seems that everything necessary is included in Slackware 7.1:
ap1/cdutils.tgz contains very complex command line utilities mkeisofs
and cdrecord. But cdrecord can work only with a SCSI driver. So I
loaded ide-scsi module, but seems to be only the first step.

In a CD Write HOWTO I found a description for Redhat installation:

------ HOWTO begin -------------------------------------------------

We now need to get the proper drivers installed and
the following line, to the end of the file, then save
and exit the file.

/sbin/insmod ide-scsi

Next we need to configure the drivers so they work
properly Open /etc/conf.modules and add the following
lines at the bottom;

alias scd0 srmod
alias scsi_hostadapter ide-scsi
options ide-cd ignore=hdd

On the final line, notice I placed the device name of
my ZIPCD, replace hdd with the device name of your CDR.
Save the file and exit. To associate the driver with the
proper drive, open /etc/lilo.conf, add the following line,
right before or right after the "root=" line;

append="hdd=ide-scsi"

I have no idea what IDE and SCSI are, but I wonder whether there is a
way to do the same in BasicLinux/Slackware and whether it will be
inevitable to replace loadlin.exe with lilo.

Christof Lange

Ceskobratrska cirkev evangelicka - Betlemska kaple na Zizkove
Prokopova 4/216, 130 00 Praha 3, Czech Republic
Tel. (+420) 222 78 06 73 / 222 78 20 02 / 603 18 87 53
http://www.volny.cz/cce.zizkov