baslinux - Re: [BL] ISDN for BL2.x?

  • From: qwms-avib AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] ISDN for BL2.x?
  • Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 12:44:55 +1200

Stefan Güls wrote:

> is there any chance in getting an ISDN-Card (AVM Fritz! classic)
> to work under BL2?

Probably. However, first you will need to replace the BL2 kernel
(zimage) -- it does not support ISDN. You should probably use the
bare.i kernel (bzimage) from Slackware 7.1. You should also get
the isdn module from Slackware 7.1 (in the misc directory).

I have never used ISDN myself, so I am guessing on most of these
things, but there are some ISDN /dev files which you might need.
BL2 does not have these. Therefore, you will probably want to
create them. This can be done with mknod, but the simpliest way
to get them is to install the devs.tgz package from Slackware 7.1
(/slakware/a1).

I have scanned through some isdn4linux help pages and I see that
your Fritz card is mentioned, so it should be possible to use it.
I suggest you read the ISDN FAQ and (perhaps) join the isdn4linux
discussion group.
http://www.isdn4linux.de
http://www.mhessler.de/i4lfaq/

If you get ISDN working on BL2, please report back here so that
other users can benefit from your experience.