baslinux - [BL] ISDN for BL2.x?

  • From: Stefan Güls <sguels AT gmx.net>
  • To: <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [BL] ISDN for BL2.x?
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 12:12:38 +0200

Hi all,

is there any chance in getting an ISDN-Card (AVM Fritz! classic) to work
under BL2?
Which measures would have to be taken?

The manufacturers' web-site (www.avm.de) provides several .rpm's for SuSE
only , but this is source-packages, and due to the limits of my BL-machine
(Compaq P100/24MB, 630MB Drive, half of that given to win98) there's no way
for me to get the gcc running ...

What makes it even worse is that the internal Compaq 14.4k modem, which used
to work before, is no more functioning under BL 2.1 after I put the
Fritz!-card in :-((.
With windoze everything is just fine, so i can connect either via
ISDN/Fritz! or with the old, slow modem via an analog telephone -> ISDN-line
converter (for a laugh even at the same time in a multilink-connect).

So my beloved BL, which taught me so much up to now, just lost its
connection to the outside world...

Any suggestions?

Greets,
Stefan