baslinux - [BL] compiling a new BL package

  • From: James Miller <jamtat AT mailsnare.net>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] compiling a new BL package
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 21:36:26 -0500 (CDT)

I've been wanting to try out the Twin non-X windowing system I posted
about a few weeks ago. It comes only as source though, so I'll need to
compile it. With this message, I just want to ask for tips related to
compiling, and what might be the easiest, quickest, method. I could
install Slack 7.1 on some spare drive space and get the compiler that way
- this is the less desireable option, though. I'd rather not clutter up
drive space on my BL2 system either, by installing the compiler. What I
would like to look into is using the BL1 compiler. Steven opined earlier,
IIRC, that this compiler might work on a BL2 system: am I remembering
correctly? Input on that possibility would be appreciated. Also, I just
want to confirm that compiling the package on the BL1 system wouldn't
result in a package that could install on BL2, right? Just wondering,
since I do have the compiler installed on a BL1 system. Any tips, advice,
opinions etc will be appreciated.

Thanks, James

PS Steven: did you get a message from me recently on the BL add-ons page?

  • [BL] compiling a new BL package, James Miller, 07/31/2003