baslinux - Re: [BL] openMosix on BL2

  • From: qwms-avib AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] openMosix on BL2
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 10:18:45 +1200

Ken Martwick wrote:

> > ------------------
> > insmod slhc
> > insmod ppp_generic
> > insmod ppp_async
> > ------------------
>
> These commands run fine, but running "ppp-on" produces
> the following error Message:
> Serial connection established.
> Couldn't attach tty to PPP unit 0: Invalid argument
> service #0: pppd failure at 10:02AM Tue Jul 29, 2003

That error message could be coming from pppd or from
your dialer (eznet?). Are you using the ones from BL2?
If so, one or the other might not work with the 2.4 kernel.
Eznet, in particular, is suspect (you might want to replace
it with chat).

Another potential cause of the problem might be that the
openMosix kernel was compiled to use devfs (which is
bypassed by the devfs=nomount parameter in BOOT.BAT).
I don't know a lot about the ins and outs of devfs, but
it's possible that the failure to attach the tty might
be related to the missing devfs.