b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Isaiah 44:24

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: C L <sigebryht AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Barry <nebarry AT verizon.net>
  • Cc: "b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Isaiah 44:24
  • Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2013 09:48:26 -0700 (PDT)

Barry,

You may be right. It's hard to say with certainty what the Greek translators were thinking, but the Old Greek/Septuagint is a valuable tool to understanding how the Ancients might have understood their Hebrew Vorlage. I do think caution is merited, of course, for the reasons I mentioned earlier. But bold caution is merited in all scholarship.

Thank you for sharing your insights.

Sincerely,

Chris Lovelace