b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Greek strongs number 2526

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Gary Hedrick <garyh AT cjfm.org>
  • To: Philip Hardy <technologist1 AT gmx.us>
  • Cc: "b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Greek strongs number 2526
  • Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2012 17:20:18 -0500

Howdy, Philip!

Just FYI, you need to sign all posts with your full name.

Nonetheless, it's good to see you here on the list.

Here's a little excerpt from The Apostles Creed: Its Relation to Primitive
Christianity:

> καθολικός appears neither in the LXX. nor in the text of the New
> Testament1; its Latin representative finds no place in the Vulgate, or,
> apparently, in the older Latin versions. Yet the word lay ready for use in
> the pages of the later Greek writers, and had been adopted by Philo2. As
> applied to the Church, it meets us for the first time in the letters of
> Ignatius, who writes to the Smyrnaeans (c. 8), “Wheresoever Jesus Christ
> is, there is the Catholic Church.” It is singular that its next appearance
> is in the circular letter of the Church of Smyrna, addressed on occasion
> ... etc.

This may mean that your question is outside the purview of this list since it
has no direct bearing on the Tanakh.

Regards,

Gary Hedrick
San Antonio, TX