b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Greek strongs number 2526

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Barry H." <nebarry AT verizon.net>
  • To: Philip Hardy <technologist1 AT gmx.us>
  • Cc: "b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Greek strongs number 2526
  • Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2012 17:14:08 -0400

Phillip' καθολικός simply means "universal, catholic." James and Jude are
among "catholic" epistles, i.e., those not written to a particular church or
individual. I suspect that the print editions of Strong's included it because
it was a part of the title in some editions of the GNT, but the electronic
editions only have what is in the body of the GNT.

Will check later for you to see if it's found in the LXX.

Sent from my iPhone
N.E. Barry Hofstetter
Http://my.opera.com/barryhofstetter/blog