b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Greek strongs number 2526

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Philip Hardy" <technologist1 AT gmx.us>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org,"Jerry Shepherd" <jshepherd53 AT gmail.com>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Greek strongs number 2526
  • Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2012 15:33:19 -0400

Hello Jerry.
Every hard copy of Strongs that I consulted has a second entry G2526 and the
word in that entry is "καθολικος". Though the online and digitally marketed
versions of Strongs do not have this second entry G2526. Although the second
entry G2526 has a symbol which looks like a cents symbol in front of the word
καθολικος. Perhaps the search parameter *καθολικος will find what I allude to
in the electronic Strongs
Perhaps you consulted an electronic version of Strongs. I looked at several
hard copies of Strongs including one as far back as a 19th century version
and they all have a second entry G2526. Someone sent me the answer directly
but I inadvertantly deleted it. Perhaps the one who sent it will read this
and send it again.
The answer included that the second entry was added later as the word was
found in the titles of some Greek new testament books including James and
Jude.

Philip Hardy