b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] the intended consumer of biblical hebrew language

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Stoney andor Anne Breyer <s.a.breyer AT gmail.com>
  • To: Paul Zellmer <pzellmer AT sc.rr.com>
  • Cc: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] the intended consumer of biblical hebrew language
  • Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2010 19:01:43 -0500

On Sat, Oct 30, 2010 at 8:36 AM, Paul Zellmer <pzellmer AT sc.rr.com> wrote:

> You may have convinced Stoney,

Not so much 'convinced' as 'defeated'. When a man defines his terms in a
Humpty-dumpty or Pickwickian sense and goes on to claim Walt Whitman's
position ("I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself") you
pretty much have to leave any further conversation to the multitudes he
contains.

Stoney Breyer