b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] b-hebrew Uncancellable meaning and Hebrew verbs

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Rolf Furuli <furuli AT online.no>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] b-hebrew Uncancellable meaning and Hebrew verbs
  • Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2009 09:34:19 +0200

Dear Yitzhak,

As a description for my students I can say with reference to a particular text: This text is narrative. Yet the text may contain verbs in succession with past reference, direct speech and other forms of speech.
When I speak of "narrative" where verbs per definition have past reference, I speak of texts where each verb follow another verb in consecution without breaks.

We are now deviating from the central issue, and I see no reason to continue.

Best regards,

Rolf Furuli
University of Oslo