b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Bethsaida

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: K Randolph <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • To: b-hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Bethsaida
  • Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2009 18:19:01 -0800

Yigal:
Possibly, we don't have a history to verify it.

The main reason for mentioning it is because the use of CYD for provisions
long predates any possible date for the founding of Bethsaida, so that by
the time that happened, provisions may have been the main idea behind the
name, hunting possibly not in the picture.

Karl W. Randolph.