b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Ex 32,9 missing in LXX

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: K Randolph <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • To: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Ex 32,9 missing in LXX
  • Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2009 07:52:03 -0800

Laurent:

Didn't you ask this question before? At the time I didn't respond because
you are asking for specific information which I don't have.

However, there are so many places where the LXX either adds or subtracts
verses when comparing it to the Masoretic text, that this particular verse
may have escaped scholarly consideration. It may be that the Hebrew text
used by the LXX translators lacked this verse, so this was not a deliberate
omission by the LXX translators. Today we are guessing based on insufficient
evidence.

Karl W. Randolph.