b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Ex 32,9 missing in LXX

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Laurent Pinchard <ougaritique AT yahoo.fr>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Ex 32,9 missing in LXX
  • Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2009 15:24:21 +0000 (GMT)

in the LXX version of Ex 32,9 (golden calf) the verse is missing whilst the
MT specifies "wayomer yhwh el mosheh rayty et ha'm hazeh wehineh
'm-kesheh-oref hou" = and the LORD said unto Moses, I have seen this people,
and, behold, it is a stiffnecked people.

Does this mean this an addition to the original text or has LXX deliberately
omitted this verse (if so, why). I am looking for reference
papers/bibliography on this.

thanks

laurent