b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Mem in the Middle of the Word

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Brak <Brak AT neo.rr.com>
  • To: K Randolph <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: b-hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Mem in the Middle of the Word
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 15:44:15 -0500

K Randolph wrote:
John:

On Sat, Jan 10, 2009 at 4:00 PM, Brak <Brak AT neo.rr.com> wrote:

The <M> in 1Chr 4:10,16 is a prefixed <M> coming from the lemma <MIN>, why
do you think this is a participle?
The same is true for Eze 27:19,3 and Gen 38:24.
So again, why are are you saying they are participles?

I already answered that: context. I have said that so often that I didn't
think I needed to make it explicit in this answer.
Actually please do, as according to WTS those <M> are prefixed prepositions, not participles. So if you believe they are participles please give your rationale.

You stated:

Another thing I was expecting from your question is to find -M- in the
middle of a word, following another prefix: except for the two that were the
subject of your original question, none of the examples you listed fit. They
were all at the beginning of the words.

If you read the message to which I was responding, ...

All you needed to say was "You misunderstood me." Furthermore, my
expectation was based on your original question, not a response.

For me to just say that would be ambiguous, hence the explanation. I did this since you were expecting something from the report that was not within the purpose of the report.

What I would like to heard from the board are those who think the two words
originally given in this thread:

1chr 15:13 - word 2: <L:/MA/B.F/RI)$OWNFH>
2ch 30:3 - word 11: <L:/MA/D.AY

Should be considered as a pronoun, based on the lemma <MFH>, as myself I
feel it would be a preposition based on the lemma <MIN>.

I would like to see that too. I suspect the answer will be pointing and/or
tradition
Hopefully we will hear something soon.

B"H
John Steven