b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] theophoric prefixes (YH~YHW)

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: David P Donnelly <davedonnelly1 AT juno.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] theophoric prefixes (YH~YHW)
  • Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2006 16:13:21 -0400

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yahweh
The link above takes you to the Wikipedia Article:Yahweh.
Section 10 of this article is titled: “Yahweh and Theophoric names”.
Three excerpts from scholarly sources are found in this section that
C-L-A-I-M that the prefixes Yeho or Yo and the suffixes Yah or Yahu can
readily be explained if the original pronunciation was “YaHWeH”.
Of course it is possible that these three scholarly sources could be
mistaken in what they claim.
Dave Donnelly