b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune -- 1 Chron

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: <david.kimbrough AT charter.net>
  • To: "George F. Somsel" <gfsomsel AT juno.com>, <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune -- 1 Chron
  • Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2004 5:30:54 +0000

George,

Ignoring the fact that only about %10 of any population
will be left-handed, the only reference I can find in
regards to Benjaminites and left-handedness is in Judges
which says - Ehud the son of Gera, a Benjamite, a man
lefthanded -

Did you have some specific verse in 1 Chron in mind?

> From: "George F. Somsel" <gfsomsel AT juno.com>
> Date: 2004/07/02 Fri AM 04:16:45 GMT
> To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
> Subject: [b-hebrew] The slings and arrows of outrageous
fortune -- 1 Chron
> 12.2
>
> The recent thread on Goliath made me think of this
passage. It is
> interesting in that it specifically mentions that the
Benjaminites are
> left-handed. It might be significant that they were
left-handed if they
> were simply infantry fighting with a spear or sword.
Once a shot leaves
> the sling or an arrow the bow, however, does it really
matter whether the
> one acting is right- or left-handed? Why would this be
specifically
> mentioned? I realize this isn't really a b-hebrew type
question, but my