b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune -- 1 Chron 12.2

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "George F. Somsel" <gfsomsel AT juno.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune -- 1 Chron 12.2
  • Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2004 00:16:45 -0400

The recent thread on Goliath made me think of this passage. It is
interesting in that it specifically mentions that the Benjaminites are
left-handed. It might be significant that they were left-handed if they
were simply infantry fighting with a spear or sword. Once a shot leaves
the sling or an arrow the bow, however, does it really matter whether the
one acting is right- or left-handed? Why would this be specifically
mentioned? I realize this isn't really a b-hebrew type question, but my
curiosity was arroused.

george
gfsomsel

  • [b-hebrew] The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune -- 1 Chron 12.2, George F. Somsel, 07/02/2004