b-hebrew - Re: Ps 118:7, "helper"

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Tony Larsson <tony.larsson AT cling.gu.se>
  • To: Biblical Hebrew <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Ps 118:7, "helper"
  • Date: Thu, 01 Aug 2002 12:44:01 +0200

Just want to add one thing:

When I asked Jul 9 about the possibility of a majestic plural in Is 62:5
(BNYK = Builder or sons), I was answered that majestic plurals are very
rare, practically used only in the words elohim, adonim, bealim and
teraphim, and certainly _not_ used in metaphores such as the said BNYK.

Would this B:(OZ:RAY contradict this, or is there another explanation?
And
does anyone know of any other verses where you have a title or metaphor
for God that is put in plural just because it's our beloved and majestic
Lord?

Tony Larsson

"People won't care how much we know
until they know how much we care."