b-hebrew - RE: BR)$YT, the continuing saga.

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Peter Kirk" <Peter_Kirk AT sil.org>
  • To: "'Biblical Hebrew'" <b-hebrew AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: BR)$YT, the continuing saga.
  • Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 11:10:36 +0400

Thank you, Ian. I think we understand one another better now.

I don't propose to continue this. It is an interesting question how the
LXX translators understood the text they wrote, as punctiliar or
ingressive. I find Glenn's suggestion interesting. But I don't think
this issue is very relevant to the study of b-hebrew and probably not
many of us are Greek scholars. And I have already justified my parsing
of the Hebrew text, so anything more I said would just be repetition.

Peter Kirk