aifia-education - Re: [Aifia-education] Welcome to the IA Education List

aifia-education AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Discussion of IA education

  • From: "Christopher Gomez" <aifia AT time.net.my>
  • To: Scott Robinson <scott AT orarian.com>
  • Cc: aifia-education AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Aifia-education] Welcome to the IA Education List
  • Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2003 10:44:54 -0800

Hi Scott,

I come from a software engineering background but have been working in
the ever changing (and relatively messed up) media and technology
convergence space for the last 8 to 9 years or so. I live in Malaysia
now. I've worked with students over years and always hear them complain
about how a subject "shouldn't be" (I think sometimes students are too
clever for their own good - hahahah... haha... ha... err... aherrmmm -
just kidding).

Apart from my super-conventional software engineering qualification, I
did a Masters degree, primarily, on-line. Why primarily? Because it did
involve a degree of face-to-face assessment.

I'd really like to hear your ideas on the on-line course you're
developing, because if it's relevant, I'm certain we can figure out a
way to introduce this as curriculum in different parts of the world
where English is widely spoken (and eventually to other non-English
speaking parts). Here in Malaysia and Singapore there are new courses
being developed and the industry is young. Nevertheless, I'd love to
volunteer for beta-testing, if and when it's ready.

On an end and not necessarily relevant note... I did theater for about
2+ years - It keeps me sane :)

Christopher Gomez
Advocacy | Media & Technology Convergence
www.radicate.com
==&==