aifia-education - [Aifia-education] IA to eLearning?

aifia-education AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Discussion of IA education

  • From: Brenda Janish <brendaj AT interaccess.com>
  • To: aifia-education AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Aifia-education] IA to eLearning?
  • Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2003 20:34:18 -0500

I'm looking for someone who's had success translating their IA skills and experience to an eLearning/instructional design position and employer.

I'm currently trying to transition from web design to eLearning design specifically (IA to instructional designer? or content developer?), and would really appreciate advice on speaking the online-ed language, and helping potential employers see how my interactive design skills fit into their existing team and processes. I know my interaction design skills are applicable to elearning design, I'm just not sure how to convey that succinctly to a potential employer.

Thanks in advance for the advice.

-Brenda