xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] How do you get CDATA types within a text element?

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Elliotte Harold <elharo AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: lenards AT email.arizona.edu
  • Cc: xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] How do you get CDATA types within a text element?
  • Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2009 20:34:20 -0800

lenards AT email.arizona.edu wrote:

But I've been asked to put CDATA sections around the inner-text (even though
I've been told that's not really the correct approach anymore, escaping is).

I would expect that there might be a way to control or override the Text
class's
behavior. Or extend it. Or maybe I can't. I know that XOM is lightweight,
and
well-designed, so maybe this use case isn't supported because it's a bad
approach.

Exactamundo. Proper XML processing neither knows nor cares whether CDATA sections are used. It's an irrelevant detail of syntax.

Refactoring HTML Just Published!
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN=0321503635/ref=nosim/cafeaulaitA

  • Re: [XOM-interest] How do you get CDATA types within a text element?, Elliotte Harold, 01/08/2009