xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] Serialize selected elements to a Writer.

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: "Michael Kay" <mike AT saxonica.com>
  • To: "'Ed Davies'" <edavies AT nildram.co.uk>, <xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] Serialize selected elements to a Writer.
  • Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 20:27:25 +0100

You can of course create an OutputStreamWriter with a nominated
CharsetEncoder which in effect provides a callback for handling
non-encodable characters; and if you are asked to write to an
OutputStreamWriter, then you can interrogate it to find out what encoding it
is using. The behaviour you describe is only a default.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/