xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] XOM 1.2 beta 1

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: David Forslund <forslund AT mail.com>
  • To: Elliotte Harold <elharo AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • Cc: xom-interest <xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] XOM 1.2 beta 1
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 19:40:35 -0600

The jaxen src is now there, but I still can't compile the code:

I get the following:
get-jaxen:
[unzip] Expanding: C:\Java\xom-1.2\XOM\jaxen-1.1-src.zip into C:\Java\xom-1.
2\XOM\build

compile-jaxen:

compile-core:
[javac] Compiling 244 source files to C:\Java\xom-1.2\XOM\build\classes

[javac] The system is out of resources.
[javac] Consult the following stack trace for details.
[javac] java.lang.StackOverflowError
[javac] at java.lang.Character.digit(Character.java:4531)
[javac] at java.lang.Character.digit(Character.java:4490)
[javac] at com.sun.tools.javac.util.Convert.string2int(Convert.java:34)
[javac] at com.sun.tools.javac.parser.Parser.literal(Parser.java:395)
[javac] at com.sun.tools.javac.parser.Parser.term3(Parser.java:844)
[javac] at com.sun.tools.javac.parser.Parser.term3(Parser.java:800)
[javac] at com.sun.tools.javac.parser.Parser.term2(Parser.java:582)
[javac] at com.sun.tools.javac.parser.Parser.term1(Parser.java:553)
[javac] at com.sun.tools.javac.parser.Parser.term(Parser.java:509)
[javac] at com.sun.tools.javac.parser.Parser.term(Parser.java:491)
[javac] at com.sun.tools.javac.parser.Parser.expression(Parser.java:481)

[javac] at com.sun.tools.javac.parser.Parser.arguments(Parser.java:1046)

[javac] at com.sun.tools.javac.parser.Parser.arguments(Parser.java:1061)

[javac] at com.sun.tools.javac.parser.Parser.term3(Parser.java:880)
[javac] at com.sun.tools.javac.parser.Parser.term2(Parser.java:582)
[javac] at com.sun.tools.javac.parser.Parser.term1(Parser.java:553)
[javac] at com.sun.tools.javac.parser.Parser.term(Parser.java:509)
[javac] at com.sun.tools.javac.parser.Parser.term(Parser.java:491)
[javac] at com.sun.tools.javac.parser.Parser.blockStatements(Parser.java
this continues on almost indefinitely. I know it may need more memory, but shouldn't this
be specified in the build file?

thanks,

Dave
Elliotte Harold wrote:
I'm uploading the first official beta of XOM 1.2 to the usual location:

http://www.xom.nu/unstable.html

Compared to the 1.0-->1.1 transition, this is a very minor upgrade. There are just a couple of additional methods, a few bug fixes, and maybe a small optimization or two. All code written to the 1.1 or 1.0 APIs should run unchanged with 1.2. Possibly the biggest change is to the build process. Jaxen is now bundled rather than being loaded directly from CVS. If you download the source build, please let me know how the build goes for you. Thanks.